Who doesn't love Eggs Benedict? But I never order it when I go out to eat because this sauce is always made ahead of time and has to be held at/around room temp so it won't break, and bacteria love that... So here's a recipe to make it at home so you don't have to worry.
3 Crushed Peppercorns
1/2 TB Cider Vinegar
2 oz Water
2 Egg Yolks
1 Cup Clarified Butter
Salt, Tabasco, lemon juice
- Mix the peppercorns, vinegar and water together in a sauce pan over low to "infuse" the flavours.
- In a bowl over a hot water bath (a pot with boiling water) combine the egg yolks and the "reduction" you have made. Whisk continuously until light and frothy and it starts to thicken. Careful not to over heat or you end up with scrambled eggs.
- You have now just made a sabayon!!!!!! Go you French cook you!!!!
- Now SLOWLY add the butter to the eggs whisking as you go so you emulsify the mix.
- Season to taste with the salt, Tabasco and lemon juice.
Enjoy over poached eggs, canadian bacon and english muffin.... sounds good to me.